As promised, I’m brining you some delicious and pretty healthy summer treat options using that delicious Homemade Dark Chocolate Magic Shell! These are seriously so amazingly delicious! Frozen banana offers such a creamy texture, if blind folded, I wonder if you would honestly think you were eating ice cream. So, to have it covered in chocolate . . . . yeah, pretty awesome!
These are a cinch to throw together. All you do is cut up your bananas, freeze them for a bit and then dip them in the Magic Shell. Since that Magic Shell takes all of about 2 minutes to complete, you can have you a delicious summer treat in no time.
I gotta tell you. . . sometimes I fear dipping stuff in chocolate because it seems like every time I do, it’s a disaster. The chocolate never sticks, and if it does, it looks like my two-year-old did it. I was THRILLED when I simply dipped my bananas, pulled them out, and found that they looked absolutely beautiful.
After dipping you can sprinkle them with other toppings if you want. My little babe is loving sprinkles as of late, so we did some with sprinkles just for fun. Think of how fun it would be to use sprinkles that are centered around a particular holiday (like red, white and blue for Independence day). Oh . . . so cute!
While I think these make for a perfect summer treat or snack, don’t be thinking that they wouldn’t be good year-round. Oh, I’ll be making these quite often . . . regardless of the season. I’ve been using these babies for a quick fix when I’ve wanted a treat. You know . . . instead of running out for a triple sundae, or sneaking a full size candy bar, I’ve just popped one of these Banana Bites in my mouth and my treat fix has been cured. My banana bites are slowly disappearing, but I’m happy to report that my waist size isn’t growing. LOL!
Go! Make you some Frozen Banana Bites! You’ll be glad you did.
- 3 medium ripe (but not soggy) bananas
- 1 batch Homemade Dark Chocolate Magic Shell (follow link in blog post)
- popsicle sticks
- sprinkles, optional
- Cut the bananas into six equal bite-sized pieces. Place on a foil- or parchment-covered baking sheet. Then poke them with the popsicle sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until frozen.
- Remove and dip each banana in the magic shell until covered. (I used a tall jar . . . the one pictured in the Magic Shell post . . . so that it would be easier to dip.) Sprinkle with sprinkles, if desired, and place back on cold baking sheet until dried.
- Serve immediately or re-freeze.
- 92.6 Calories | 0.2g Protein | 12.4g Carbs | 5.5g Fat (4g = Sat.) | 1.5g Fiber | 8.6g Sugars