This grilled chicken recipe is a go-to for me FOR SURE. I’ve been using it for years (ever since I found it on The Sister’s Cafe website . . . and it’s been posted there since 2011). It’s so basic, yet SO flavorful. The flavors are pleasing to just about any palette because they aren’t too weird, too spicy, or too strong. I often times marinate my chicken, grill it, and then eat it as is with a nice side dish. But, this chicken is so wonderful atop salad in almost any form (my favorite being either a beautiful Cobb salad or a spinach salad).
I highly recommend adding this to your go-to stash for easy, delicious, crowd-pleasing, and fast dinner/lunch recipes.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I always use freshly-squeezed)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound chicken breasts.
- Combine all ingredients, except for the chicken. Whisk to combine. Pour marinade over chicken breasts and marinate chicken for at least three hours, but it's even better if it's marinated for 8-12 hours.
- Grill chicken breast when ready. Chicken is ready when the internal temperature (of the thickest part of the breast) registers at 165 degrees.
- 148.5 Calories | 0.2g Carbs | 4.3g Fat (1.0g = Sat) | 0g Fiber | 0g Sugar