Oh man! I might be a little biased because of my love for anything citrus-flavored, but this shake seriously made my day yesterday!
I wanted to bring you another healthy “green” recipe that you can use on St. Patrick’s Day and this is what I decided on. I had originally hoped to make something with mint, but when this idea entered my mind . . . . I couldn’t let it go! I’m yearning for warm, summer weather and this shake just might have given me a taste of it. It’s SO refreshing! We had a nice 55ish-degree day yesterday that was filled with sun. After making this shake, I put the babe in the stroller, walked to the park (without a jacket, mind you), and sipped this the whole way there. Sunshine, a creamy lime shake, and a happy toddler going down the slide . . . . I think summer is coming! I’m totally feeling lucky about that and this shake definitely helped!
This shake comes out with a slightly green hint. If you really want it to look more green, add a drop or two of green food coloring. Feel free to make this on your St. Patrick’s Day. It will definitely bring out the fun mood of the holiday and it might even make you feel like it’s summer for a day. Worked for me!
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (100 Calories, 15g Protein)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- sweetener, to taste (I used 2 packets Stevia)
- fresh juice from 2 limes
- zest from 1-2 limes
- 1/2 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- ice, to desired consistency
- 1-2 drops green food coloring, optional
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- 200.5 Calories | 29.3g Protein | 12.7g Carbs | 3.8g (1.3g = Sat.) Fat | 2.1g Fiber | 7.7g Sugars