We caught some of the nasty winter germs that have been going around and have been down with colds in our house. Ugh! In order to help boost our immune systems we’ve been trying hard to get in as many fruits and veggies as possible.
This little smoothie has become our breakfast drink for the past week. The berries are LOADED with antioxidants and I love sneaking veggies in the smoothie without anyone even noticing they’re there . . . thus, the addition of carrot juice. Fruits and veggies will help us to naturally detox and cleanse our bodies too, so this smoothie is great for any of us who may have indulged a little over the holidays.
If you’re wondering, I buy my triple berry mix from Costco. I also found the carrot juice at Costco and have noticed that I can get the three bottles at Costco for almost the same price it costs for 1 bottle in the grocery store. Since we won’t be drinking ALL that carrot juice before it goes bad, I’ve decided to freeze it until I need it.
If you’re in need of a handy-dandy way to get in your fruits and veggies, here’s a great solution. Your kids will love it too. My little babe sees it mixing in the blender and starts chanting, “num, num, num.” Smoothies just seem to be a special treat!
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 1/2 cup carrot juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (depending on taste)
- crushed ice, optional
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth (about 30 seconds).
- 110.2 Calories | 4.8g Protein | 22.6g Carbs | 0.4g (0.1g = Sat.) Fat | 2.7g Fiber | 18.4g Sugars (mostly all natural from the berries)