Our New Miracle From Heaven

I hope you’ll forgive me for slacking off on the recipe posts for a minute, because I cannot get enough of my new little love bug! We’ve waited a long time for her to join our family and she’s finally here!  Look at her perfect face!  Can you blame me one bit for choosing to snuggle her instead of cook!?

Evie Savannah was born in St. George last Friday on May 11, at 1:50 p.m. She weighed 8 lbs.,  7 oz.,  and was 20” long.  She was released from the hospital on Sunday afternoon and we arrived home that night.  She is the perfect baby and our little miracle.  We simply CANNOT get enough of her.  Our hearts feel as if they are overflowing with love!

There’s no doubt that we are proud and VERY happy parents.  I feel like I am living one of my most important purposes and dreams as a mama.  Beau turned to me the other day and said, “I love being a daddy.”  Between the two of us, she rarely gets put down.  We believe you can’t spoil a baby or child with too much love.

We love our baby girl.  Oh, how we love her!  We love to snuggle her, we love to feed her, we love to change her diapers, we love to get up with her in the night, and we love to just look at her for hours.  We are mesmerized and completely in love.

We love Evie’s birth mother more than words can say.  Among many things she is brave, strong, and simply a beautiful person inside and out.  We hope and pray that Evie acquires those wonderful traits!  We are excited to have an open relationship with this beautiful woman, as well as with her family.  We’ve missed them since we’ve been home and we are thrilled to make a visit to see them soon.  Evie’s birth mama will be graduating from high school and we can’t wait to share in the celebrations.  I think we’re all counting down the days until we can be with each other again.  It’s impossible to express how much love, honor and respect we hold for Evie’s birth family!  We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect relationship with Evie’s birth mother and birth family, nor could we ask for a more perfect and beautiful child for us.  There is so much love around us we sometimes think our hearts might just burst!

21 thoughts on “Our New Miracle From Heaven

1. Alicia Thayn says:

I am so thrilled to hear the Wonderful news! The three of you make such a beautiful family. Evie is absolutely gorgeous and very blessed to have the two of you. I am so beyond thrilled for you. Enjoy every moment, the moments go all to fast. Congratulations!!

2. A says:

For the record, I’m in love with Evie. It’s such fun to be an auntie for the second time. And I am over the moon for you and Beau. Please give S a big hug for me when you see her this week and tell her I think she’s AMAZING…simply AMAZING. Happy happy day! XOXOXO!!

3. Michelle Iverson says:

This is the kind of news that totally makes my day!! Emilee you are going to be such a fun mom. There are so many, many precious days ahead. I am so excited for you and Beau to experiences all of it!! Congratulations!

4. Krista says:

Oh Brother and Sister Hunter I am so happy for you guys! You guys just glow in your pictures! After having you guys apart of my life and the impact you have had on it I know that you guys will be amazing parents and she is so lucky! Love, Krista

5. Julie Melvin says:

I am soooo happy for you. She is just beautiful and I know you will be wonderful parents. You deserve all the happiness in the world. Congratulations!!

6. Josie Fox says:

This brought tears to my eyes! You two are such wonderful people! Little Evie is so very Lucky to have you two! I cannot wait to show you more of her pictures! She is so gorgeous!!

7. KathyD says:

Best news! I am overcome with awe and happiness for you. What a wonderful miracle. Ditto the comments above: tears of joy!

8. Lizzie says:

This made me cry! I read your news over on Traci’s blog and I can’t be more excited for you guys! Congratulations!!!!!!! Beautiful beautiful beautiful family.

9. Robbie says:

This is so exciting, amazing and wonderful! How cool that you got to take her home on Mother’s Day! She’s so beautiful, and what a beautiful name too! (Roger says she is a fine addition to the ward) We’re so happy for your precious family!

10. Ashlee says:

Oh how I love her! I can’t help but cry (happy tears of course) We are so happy for you guys, she is one lucky little girl! Sure love you guys!

11. Katie says:

Emilee…. WHAT! Oh my goodness I’m like overwhelmed with tears for you!!!!! So so so so exciting! I can’t believe I was in town and could’ve come and seen her. What a wonderful Mother’s Day present! I love you so much! Congrats to the both of you!!!

12. Dannette Klein says:

Many Congratulations Emilee! Very happy for you guys! Just don’t blink because before you know it, your sweet little girl will be 17 already just like mine is and it seems like yesterday I was cuddling her! Enjoy every moment! Hugs!

13. Deb says:

I’m so excited I can’t even think of what to say. I’m so happy for you two. This little lady couldn’t have picked better parents. I’m crying right now because i’m so happy for you. Welcome to the family beautiful little Evie.

14. Tonia says:

Emilee & Beau–Congratulations!!!! I had no idea, but am sooooo thrilled for the two of you! She is beautiful and you will be (are) wonderful parents! Our love to your family and our love and appreciation to Evie’s birth family! Love, Tonia